- Over the water surf camp in Bocas Town only steps to center of town
- Comfortable shared accommodations with A/C and lockers
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hostel including deck
- Daily half day surf lessons at our surf camp from 9AM till 12PM
- Roll daily at local Bocas Brazilian Jiu Jitsu academy – Bocas Fitness & Fight Gym from 6PM till 8PM
WELCOME TO BOCAS DEL TORO
Welcome to the first Surf & Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Retreat with Bocas Surf School & Hostel. Are you ready to learn how to surf in beautiful Bocas del Toro and roll at night at the local BJJ academy? Here is your opportunity to do both here in Panama’s top island destination!
Bocas Surf School & Hostel is located on the tranquil location of North Ave., Isla Colon, Bocas del Toro in the northern Caribbean coast of Panama. Our location is only steps to the center of Bocas Town yet far enough to enjoy a quiet night, over the sea. Despite being a new hostel we are starting to become more popular, and recently was called one of the top six hostels in Central America.
Our hostel can only sleep up to 12 and we will be hosting up to 11 for this retreat. It has two bathrooms and our maid keeps everything nice and clean and is there throughout most of the day. The kitchen is large and full equipped. You can check out the sea while cooking! The open format is perfect for hanging out with friends while cooking your meals. Stores are only a few minutes away from the hostel.
The over-the-sea hostel has fast wi-fi throughout the hostel included our deck. Grab a hammock and pull out your laptop and enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning before surf session.
We are offering two accommodation choices for this retreat:
Shared Accommodations: Our shared rooms have two bunk beds (sleeps 4 people), rooms have A/C and lockers to keep your stuff safe.
Private Room with Shared bath: The private room has one bunk bed- a double below and single above. It can sleep up to three people. This room also has three lockers and A/C. It is the closest room to the back deck and has a window facing the sea.
Since 2006 Bocas Surf School has been teaching surfing in Bocas del Toro. This retreat will include daily half day surf lessons right here at the surf camp.
Half day lessons will start in the morning from 9AM till 12PM. We will meet on the side of the deck of the surf camp where our school is located.
We include surfboard rental depending on your level of surf.
Our classes take place on the side of the hostel at our surf school where we would teach you the basics on surfing such as reading the waves, surf theory, and some surf etiquette. This lasts about 45 minutes and gets less as surfers progress, then we jump on our boat from the surf camp deck and go to the surf spot, it located about 5 min boat ride from our place. Here we tie our boat to the buoy and go surfing for about an hour and a half/ two hours.
BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU
Since the beginning of 2014 the Bocas Fitness & Fight gym has been in Bocas spreading martial arts throughout Bocas del Toro and providing a place for training. The gym is located on Isla Colon, Bocas del Toro. Bocas Fitness & Fight Gym is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy, representative under Wellington “Megaton” Dias.
Our retreat will include daily BJJ training Megaton style, technique and rolling. You will also roll with other Bocas locals and visitors- a great opportunity to meet new people who share your passion.
- Yoga Classes: There are yoga classes everywhere in Bocas, we can set up you up with different yoga classes available.
- Surf: The waves will be on and if your already an experienced surfer then you can easily get to the surf with us.
- ATV: Isla Colon has some of the best ATV island trails in Panama. A 5 star adventure!
- Sailing: Let’s go on a private sailing tour- just us includes snorkeling.
- Bat Caves: Cruise into Bastimentos islands via Sloth Trail canal until we reach the Bastimentos bat caves. Bocas del Toro’s top adventure, you don’t want to miss this opportunity.
- Massages: Treat your body to a massage after surf and rolling. We can set you up!
- Horseback riding: There are various options for an island adventure on horseback.
- Ziplines and Canopy Tours on Bastimentos Island and much more!
Still not sure what to do? Check out our Activities page here.
BOOK YOUR SPOT
Arrive Jan 9 and depart Jan 15
6 nights/ 7 days accommodations at our over-the-sea hostel
4 half day surf lessons
4 days of BJJ at the Bocas Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy (6PM – 8PM)
Shared Room Accommodation: $313
Private Room Accommodation: $50 per night
(sleeps up to three) + $205 each person
What does this retreat NOT include:
Food & Drinks
Taxi to BJJ Academy in evening ($.60 cents each way)
Other guests that you want to invite that do not want to surf or roll bjj are more than welcome to stay as well, but the rate with surf lessons and bjj will be the same.
Questions? Contact us: email@example.com | +507 6852-5291
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS: